This is a blog. As such, it is only opinion at the time of writing and is not medical advice nor is it written by medical professionals. It is just a collection of information found when searching how to preventing Alzheimer’s disease.
The finding mainly revolve around …
1. Exercise – cardio to increase blood flow and stimulate production of BDNF. Strength training to increase insulin sensitivity.
2. Give the brain its necessary nutrients from whole foods first and then possibly supplements as needed by certain individual. These healthy brain foods and nutrients include antioxidants, B vitamins, Co-enzyme Q10, vitamin D, DHA and healthy fats. Examples, include avocado, coconuts, coconut oil, tumeric, wild salmon, blueberries, garlic. Eat real food (both plants and animals). Avoid processed foods especially processed carbohydrates and sugar.
3. Getting enough sleep in order for the brain to perform its cleanup process. Sleep produce melatonin, which is an brain antioxidant. The brain performs “garbage collection” and cleans up beta amyloid only during sleep.
4. Reduce stress so that excessive cortisol does not kill off brain cells. Learn to meditate.
5. Avoid toxins such as mercury, aluminum, heavy metals, glyphosate, GMO and other environmental toxins.
6. Avoid personal food sensitivities in which a person is sensitive too (such as gluten, dairy, corn, soy, eggs, peanuts depending on the food that the person is sensitive to). Humans were not designed to eat gluten and dairy.
7. Balance blood sugar and reduce carbs if blood sugar is elevated. Prevent insulin resistance.
8. Avoid excessive MSG and alcohol.
9. Consider ketongenic diet, also known as a low-carb high-fat (LCHF) diet.